Spiders – Lewes Town Hall 1965

photo ©  Peter Alland

Peter Alland… photo of the ‘SPIDERS’ playing at the Lewes Boys Club early 1965, having just changed from their original name ‘THE FIVE PACES’ when they first started in 1964. From L-R Mick Nixon (lead guitar) Dave Green (drums) Pete Alland (lead vocals) Dave Field (bass guitar) & Brian James (rhythm guitar) shortly after this following a gig at Lewes Town Hall the name was changed to the ‘REBELS’ when Stan Milham joined(he was in the original REBELS in 1959). There were a number of changes made with musicians (like most bands) but the high profile was maintained until they disbanded in 1968.


Leave a comment